This website is intended to stimulate a discussion about creativity. Please post comments, questions, or interesting material in the “Thoughts” blog. I would be especially interested in answering questions about the nature of “common creativity“, and the ways creativity affects group dynamics and organizational functioning.
To discuss Consultation, Products, or Facilitation please email me directly at [email protected].
H. C. “Chip” Clitheroe, Jr.
Bachelor of Architecture
University of Notre Dame, 1975
- 5 year professional degree with thesis
- 1972 – 1973 academic year in Rome, Italy
Master of Science in Administration
University of California, Irvine, 1978
- field of study: organizational behavior
- application: professional service organizations
PhD in Social Ecology
University of California, Irvine, 2000
- field of study: environmental psychology
- dissertation: “Mapping the Creative Context of Architects”
- Facilitation of organizational planning retreats, vision statements, changes to organizational structure, and creativity workshops for environmental design organizations in Southern California.
- The Wildland Study: a Recreation Master Plan for the San Bernardino National Forest, San Bernardino, California
- Facilitation of a Theme Statement for the Fanita Ranch Community in Santee, California
- Facilitation of Urban Design Charrettes in conjunction with the annual meeting of the Environmental Design Research Association
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Orlando, Florida
- Author of “Mountain Hawk“, a children’s story that became the theme of a successful design competition submission for a community park in Chula Vista, California
- Conceptualization and schematic graphics for Codding Cove, a coastal-river town setting for a Dundgeons & Dragons adventure
- Photographs accepted for exhibition at the Orange County Fair, Costa Mesa, California
- Successful grant funding applications to local, state and national private foundation and public agencies.
- Collegiate undergraduate and graduate teaching experience
- University of California, Irvine
- California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
- Otis Art Institute / Parsons School of Design
- Design Institute of San Diego
- Conceptualization and implementation of an innovative community planning technique – “In-Town Week” for a recreation master plan in Montebello, California
- Author of on-site activities and editor for the “Exploring Orange County Architecture Coloring Book”
- Member of the Board of Creative Directors (advisory panel) for Embassy Suites / Hilton Corporation.